- June 28: Washington steals a record 13 bases off catcher Branch Rickey in a 16-5 win over New York. Rickey plays the rest of the season in the outfield and at first base.
- August 2: The FIRST big league hit ever yielded by Walter Johnson was a bunt single by Ty Cobb.
- August 7: Washington pitcher Walter Johnson records his FIRST major league victory with a 7-2 win over Cleveland.
- August 28: Highlander pitcher John Neuer beats the Red Sox 1-0 in his first start but also provides baseball's best short career story. In the last month of the season, he pitches 6 complete games, 4 wins and has 3 shutouts. . He disappears from the scene with those being his career totals.
- September 14: Washington pitcher Lew Lanford suffers one of the worst debuts a pitcher ever had. In the 6-run New York first inning he yields 2 walks, hits 2 batters, including Frank LaPorte in the head, throws a wild pitch and has a balk for good measure. His defense lets him down too with two errors and a passed ball.