- April 27: The White Sox win their 3rd 1-0 game in 3 days against St. Louis. The teams combine for 18 hits in the three games.
- June 19: Walter Johnson has a strange day beating the New York Highlanders 7-4. He gives up only 3 hits and fans 10, but is unusually wild He issues 7 walks, uncorks 4 wild pitches and hits a batter.
- July 2: The White Sox run wild against the Browns in a 15-3 romp. They steal 12 bases. 3 of them are of home, including one by pitcher Ed Walsh in the 6th inning.
- August 11: John McGraw puts 50 year old coach Arlie Latham at second base in a 19-3 laugher over St. Louis. In his first game in 10 years, he goes hitless but has 2 assists.
- August 18: Coach/player Arlie Latham is at it again in a 14-1 rout of the Phillies, as he steals second base. At age 50 he is the oldest player to swipe a base.
- August 19: The Phillies are rained out for a record tenth consecutive day.
- August 23: With left Jim Pastorius pitching, Brooklyn catcher Billy Bergen throws out 7 base stealing Cardinals in a 9-1 victory.
- September 14: John Heydler announces that the National League will use 2 umpires per game starting next season.